The rules and regulations to get a marriage license in Oregon State have been set for the applicants as given below. They are:
• Normally, the applicants – male and female – must apply in person together to get a marriage license as the rule states. But in some rare situations, the applicants can be exempted from this rule.
• The County Clerks’ Office issues a marriage license to the applicants.
• The applicants, both male and female, must be at least 18 years old in order to apply for a marriage license. If the both applicants are 17 years old, then they can produce their parents’ approval to get a marriage license. However, the approval must be given by the parents in person. Sometimes, the parents are exempted from this condition.
• The Proof of Dissolution must be presented to the authority if any of the applicants has been married before.
• There is no medical examination for the applicants in order to get a marriage license.
• The applicants have to wait for 3 days before getting their marriage license.
• The unsigned marriage license is valid throughout the state for 60 days.
• The applicants must pay the marriage license fee which may vary from $50.00 to $60.00.