In Maine State, you must fulfill these below given requirements to get your marriage license. Those requirements are:
• Like in other federal states, here also both applicants should apply together in person. Though, there are some exceptions to this rule depending on certain situations.
• The Clerks’ Office of the town where applicants will get married gives the marriage license.
• It is compulsory that both male and female applicants must be 18 years old to get their marriage license. If their parents give their approval to the marriage in person, then the both male and female applicants can get their marriage license even if they are 16 years old. In some rare occasions, the parents do not have to provide their approval in person.
• The proof of Dissolution must be produced to the authority if any of the applicants has been married before.
• There is no medical exam for the applicants to get the marriage license.
• The waiting period for the applicants to get their marriage license is 3 days.
• The unsigned license is valid throughout the state and can be used for 90 days from the date of its issue.
• The applicants have to pay the amount varying from $20.00 to $25.00 to get their marriage license.