The applicants have to follow these below given rules and regulations in order to get a marriage license in West Virginia State. They are:
• As in other federal states of US, the male and female applicants must apply for a marriage license in person together with their partners. But considering some situations, they may get exemption from this rule.
• The County Clerks’ Office issues the marriage license to the applicants.
• The applicants, both male and female, must be at least 18 years old to get a marriage license. If the applicants do not meet the age requirement, then their parents can help them to apply for a marriage license by providing their approval. But the both applicants must be at least 16 years old and the approval must be given by their parents in person. However, there may be exemption to this rule depending on certain conditions.
• The Proof of Dissolution must be produced if any of the applicants has been married before.
• The applicants are not required to go through any medical examination to get their marriage license.
• The applicants do not have to wait for days to get their marriage license.
• The unsigned marriage license is valid throughout the state for 60 days from its date of issue.
• The applicants have to pay around $36.00 to get their marriage license in West Virginia State.