In Washington State, the applicants need to complete the formalities if they want to get a marriage license. They are:
• Male and female applicants must apply in person together to get a marriage license. The authority may give them exemptions from this rule considering certain conditions.
• The County Clerks’ Office issues the marriage license to the applicants.
• 18 years is the minimum age requirement for both male and female applicants to get a marriage license in Washington State. If both applicants are 17 years old, then with the help of parental approval they can apply for a marriage license. But the parents must provide their approval in person only, though there are chances of getting exemptions from this rule based on some rare conditions.
• The Proof of Dissolution must be presented to the authority by the applicants if they have been married before.
• There are no medical examinations for the applicants to go through in order to get a marriage license.
• In Washington State, the applicants must have to wait for 3 days to get their marriage license.
• The unsigned marriage license is valid throughout the state for 60 days from its date of issue.
• For the applicants, the marriage license fee in Washington State varies from $37.00 to $75.00.