In order to get a marriage license in Virginia State, the applicants must fulfill these below given requirements. They are:
• Both male and female applicants must apply for a marriage license in person together with their partners. On very rare occasions, the applicants can get exemptions from this rule.
• The County Clerks’ Office issues the marriage license to the applicants.
• In order to get a marriage license, both male and female applicants must be at least 18 years of age. But with the parental approval even the applicants of 16 and above, both male and female, can apply for the marriage license. But the parental approval must be given by the parents in person. However there are some exemptions considering some circumstances.
• The Proof of Dissolution is a must to be produced before the authority, if any of the applicants has been married before.
• The applicants do not have to pass through any kind of medical examination in order to get a marriage license.
• The applicants do not have to wait even for a day to get their marriage license.
• The unsigned marriage license is valid throughout the state for 60 days from its date of issue.
• The applicants have to pay $30.00 as a fee in order to get a marriage license.