These are the rules and regulations which must be fulfilled by the applicants to get a marriage license in Vermont State. They are:
• The applicants both male and female, in order to get a marriage license, must apply in person together. In rare situations, the applicants may get exemptions from this rule.
• The Town Clerks’ Office issues the marriage license to the applicants. In Vermont State, the applicants, who live out-of-state, must get their marriage license at the Town Clerks’ Office in the town where they will get married.
• The minimum required age for both applicants is 18 years in order to get a marriage license. If the parents of the applicants agree to give their approval to the marriage in person, then both applicants can apply for marriage license even if they are just 16 years old. The authority may allow the parents to give their approval without their actual presence, considering some rare occasions.
• The Proof of Dissolution must be produced to the authority if any of the applicants has been married before.
• There is no mandatory medical examination for the applicants in order to get their marriage license.
• The applicants have to wait for 1 day to get their marriage license.
• The unsigned marriage license is valid throughout the state for 60 days from its date of issue.
• The applicants are required to pay $20.00 as a fee to get the marriage license.