The applicants, who want to get a marriage license in Utah State, have to follow these rules and regulations. They are:
• The applicants, both male and female, have to apply in person with their partner together. But in some occasions the exemptions are given.
• The County Clerks’ Office issues the marriage license to the applicants.
• Both the male and female applicants must be at least 18 years old in order to apply for a marriage license. If they are below 18 but above 15, then they can still apply for a marriage license with the aid of their parental approval. Their parents must give the approval in person only though there are exceptions to this rule considering certain scenarios. In addition, they must give their child’s identification as well as birth certificate. Also, a juvenile court judge must approve the marriage.
• The Proof of Dissolution will have to be produced if any of the applicants has been married before.
• There is no medical examination for the applicants in order to get a marriage license.
• The applicants are not required to wait for a certain period of time to get their marriage license.
• The unsigned marriage license is valid throughout the state for 30 days from its date of issue.
• In Utah State, the marriage license fee varies from county to county. In some counties, the applicants get two certified copies of their marriage license along with the original one for the same price. The usual price of a marriage license in this state is $50.00.