In order to get a marriage license in South Carolina State, the applicants are required to fulfill these below given requirements. They are:
• The applicants, both male and female, must apply in person together with their partners in order to get a marriage license. However, there are exceptions to this rule based on certain situations.
• The County Probate Court issues the marriage license to the applicants.
• The minimum age requirement to get a marriage license is 18 years for both male and female applicants. Even if both the applicants are just 16 years old, they can apply for a marriage license with their parental approval. The parents must give their approval in person only. But sometimes, considering certain situations, there are exceptions to this rule.
• The applicants must bring their Social Security Card as a proof of original ID along with their application. In addition, the applicants have to provide any one of the following ID forms such as valid driver’s license or original birth certificate or a certified copy of that birth certificate, or current military identification card, or current passport.
• The applicants are not required to produce the Proof of Dissolution if any of them has been married before.
• There is no medical examination for the applicants in order to get the marriage license.
• The applicants have to wait for one day to get their marriage license.
• The unsigned marriage license is valid throughout the state for indefinite period.
• The applicants have to pay the marriage license fee which varies from $20.00 to $60.00 depending on a particular county. Sometimes, the authority may demand the payment in cash only.