The Rhode Island State has set these below given rules and regulations for the applicants who want to get a marriage license there. They are:
• As in other federal states, in Rhode Island State also, applicants must apply for a marriage license in person with their partner. In certain conditions, the applicants can be exempted from this rule.
• A marriage license will be issued at the town where the bride lives. But the applicants who do not live in Rhode Island State must get their marriage license at the town where they will get marry.
• The applicants, both male and female, must be at least 18 years old in order to apply for a marriage license. The parental approval will help to get a marriage license even if the female applicant is under 18 years old. However, in this case, she must be at least 16 years old. In addition, the parents must provide their approval in person only. But there are exemptions to this rule depending on rare occasions.
• The applicants must produce these required original IDs – a Birth Certificate and Social Security Card.
• The Proof of Dissolution must be produced along with the application if any of the applicants has been married before.
• The applicants are not required to go under any kind of medical examination.
• The applicants do not have to wait for days to get their marriage license.
• The unsigned marriage license is valid throughout the state for 90 days.
• The applicants have to pay $24.00 as a fee in order to get their marriage license.