The applicants are required to follow the rules and regulations in order to get a marriage license in Pennsylvania State. They are:
• First, the applicants, whether it is a male or female, must apply in person with the respective partner for a marriage license. The applicants can be exempted from this rule depending on certain situations.
• In Pennsylvania State, depending on a particular county, a marriage license can be issued by any of these following venues. They are: the County Registrar of Prothonotary, the County Registrar and Records, the County of Orphans Courts, County Marriage License Borough, or the County Court of Clerks.
• The minimum age requirement to get a marriage license in Pennsylvania State is 18 years for both male and female applicants. But if they are at least 16 years old, then with their parents’ approval they can apply for a marriage license. As the rule states, the parents must give their approval in person though there may be exception to this based on certain conditions.
• The applicants must produce their Social Security Card along with any of the following namely, a Birth Certificate, or a passport, or Drivers’ License as a proof of their original identity.
• The Proof of Dissolution must be produced by the applicants if they have been married before.
• There is no mandatory medical examination for the applicants to get a marriage license.
• The applicants have to wait for 3 days before they get the marriage license.
• The unsigned marriage license is valid throughout the state for 60 days.
• The amount which has to be paid by the applicants, in order to get a marriage license in Pennsylvania State, ranges from $25.00 – $65.00 depending on a particular county.