In Oklahoma State, the applicants have to fulfill these following rules and regulations in order to get a marriage license. They are:
• The applicants, both male and female, are required to apply for a marriage license in person together. Sometimes, they may be exempted from this rule considering certain conditions.
• The County Clerk’s office issues the marriage license to the applicants.
• The minimum required age to get a marriage license in Oklahoma State is 18 years for both male and female applicants. But the applicants can get a marriage license by providing their parental approval even if they are not 18 years old. In this case, both applicants must be at least 16 years old. Also, the parents must give their approval in person. In some rare situations, exemptions are given to the parents from this rule.
• The applicants are required to bring their original IDs such as a Social Security Card and a Driver’s License or a Birth Certificate.
• The Proof of Dissolution must be produced before the authority if any of the applicants has been married before.
• The applicants may have to take a federal government approved blood test. The applicants have to wait for 7 – 10 days to get their blood test report which is valid for 30 days only. The applicants must get the marriage license within 10 days of their wedding date once they get their blood test report.
• The applicants do not have to wait for a certain period of time to get their marriage license if they are 18 or over. But those applicants who are below 18 years age must wait for 3 days to get their marriage license.
• The unsigned marriage license is valid for 10 days throughout the Oklahoma State.
• Normally, the applicants have to pay to get a marriage license, around $50.00 as a fee which varies from a county to county or from a town to town.