In order to get a marriage license in Ohio State, the applicants must follow below given rules and regulations. They are:
• As in other federal states of US, the applicants, both male and female, must apply in person with their partner together. Depending on certain conditions, there may be exceptions granted to the applicants.
• The applicants can get their marriage license only at the county they live in. In case, the applicants are not the residents of Ohio State, then the marriage license can be obtained at the county they will get married.
• The applicants – male and female – must be at least 18 years old to apply for a marriage license. If both the applicants are below 18 years age but above 16, then with the parental approval they can get a marriage license. But the parents must submit their approval in person, though they have a chance of getting exemptions from this rule.
• The Proof of Dissolution must be submitted by the applicants if they have been married before.
• There is no medical examination for the applicants.
• The applicants may have to wait for up to 5 days to get a marriage license. But the days in the waiting period vary from one county to another.
• The unsigned marriage license is valid for 60 days.
• The applicants have to pay an amount as a marriage license fee ranging from $20.00 to $60.00.