These are the rules and requirements for the applicants to get a marriage license in North Dakota State. They are:
• According to the rule, the applicants – both male and female – must apply for a marriage license in person together. But in some circumstances, the applicants may get exemption from this rule.
• The County Clerks’ or County Recorders’ office issues a marriage license to the applicants.
• In order to get a marriage license, both the applicants must be at least 18 years old. Both the applicants must be at least 16 years old if they try to get a marriage license with their parental approval. Though the parents must give their approval in person, sometimes exemption will be given considering certain circumstances.
• The Proof of Dissolution must be given to the authority if any one of the applicants has been married before.
• In North Dakota State, no medical examination is mandatory for the applicants to get a marriage license.
• The applicants do not have to wait for days to get a marriage license.
• The unsigned marriage license is valid throughout the state for 60 days from its date of issue.
• The amount of fee which the applicants have to pay to get a marriage license varies from $35.00 to $40.00.