The applicants are required to follow these below given rules and regulations to get a marriage license in New York State. They are:
• The applicants – male and female – have to apply for a marriage license in person together. It is compulsory but in some situations there are exemptions to this rule.
• The marriage license is issued at the City Clerk’s Office or local town.
• The applicants – both male and female – must be at least 18 years old to get the marriage license. If their parents give their approval in person to the authority, then both the applicants must have to be at least 14 years old to get the marriage license even if they are under 18. In some rare cases, the parents do not need to give their approval in person.
• The Proof of Dissolution must be produced to the authority if any of the both applicants has been married before.
• Some of the applicants may have to go under a medical examination for Sickle-Cell Anemia based on their health status. In general, there is no medical examination for the applicants.
• The applicants have to wait for 1 day to get their marriage license.
• The unsigned marriage license is valid for 60 days throughout the state.
• The applicants must pay a marriage license fee which can vary from $25.00 to $30.00.