The rules and regulations for the applicants to get a marriage license in New Mexico State are as follows;
• As usual, the applicants have to apply for a marriage license with their partners in person. But they can get exemption from this rule depending on few situations.
• The County Clerks’ Office issues the marriage license.
• The minimum age requirement to get a marriage license for both the applicants is 18 years. Even if both the applicants are 16 years old, they can get a marriage license when their parents give their approval. But the parents must be present before the authority while giving their approval. On some rare occasions, exemptions are given to this rule.
• The Proof of Dissolution must be presented to the authority if any of the applicants has been married before.
• There is no mandatory medical examination for the applicants.
• The applicants do not have to wait for days to get their marriage license.
• The unsigned marriage license is valid throughout the state for indefinite period.
• The applicants have to pay $25.00 as a fee to get the marriage license.