In New Jersey State, the rules and requirements which must be fulfilled to get a marriage license are given below. They are:
• The applicants, both male and female, must apply in person together for a marriage license. In some situations, the applicants may get exemption from this rule.
• The Municipal Office or the Office of Vital Statistics at the town where the applicants have applied, issues the marriage license.
• In New Jersey State, both the applicants must be at least 18 years old. They can get the marriage license with their parents’ approval but the least age requirement is 16 years for both the applicants. Though the parents must give their approval in person, there are some exceptions depending on certain conditions.
• The Proof of Dissolution must be provided to the authority if any of the applicants has been married before.
• The applicants are not needed to go under any medical examination.
• The applicants have to wait for 3 days to get their marriage license.
• The unsigned license is valid throughout state for 30 days from the date of its issue. But for the applicants who are not the residents of New Jersey State, the unsigned license is valid in a town only where they applied for the marriage license.
• The applicants have to pay $28.00 to get their marriage license. The fee is accepted in cash only.