The applicants have to follow the below given rules and regulations in order to get their marriage license. They are:
• It is a common rule to all the applicants that they and their potential life partners must apply in person together. But there are exemptions to this rule if certain rare circumstances arise.
• The Town Clerks’ office issues a marriage license to the applicants.
• The minimum age requirement for both male and female applicants is 18 years old. If their parents agree to give their approval, then the male must be at least 13 years old and the female must be at least 14 years old. Though the parents are required to give their approval in person, depending on certain conditions, exemptions will be given to this rule.
• The Proof of Dissolution must be presented to the authority if any one of the applicants has been married before.
• There is no compulsory medical examination for the applicants to get a marriage license.
• In New Hampshire State, there is no waiting for the applicants to get their marriage license.
• The unsigned marriage license is valid throughout the state for 90 days from its date of issue.
• In New Hampshire State, the fee of a marriage license which the applicants have to pay is $45.00.