The applicants have to follow these below given rules in order to get a marriage license in Mississippi State. They are:
• The couple must apply in person together to get a marriage license. In some rare conditions, exemptions will be granted to this rule.
• The County Circuit Clerks’ office issues the marriage license.
• The minimum age requirement for both the applicants to get a marriage license in Mississippi State is 21 years. But if their parents agree to give the parental approval in person, then it is enough for the male to be 17 years old and the female 15 years old. Depending on certain situations, the parents are exempted from giving their approval in person.
• The Proof of Dissolution will be required to be produced to the authority if any of the both applicants has been married before.
• Both the applicants have to go under a medical examination for venereal disease.
• The applicants have to wait at least for 3 days to get a marriage license.
• The unsigned license is valid throughout the state for an indefinite period.
• The applicants have to pay $21.00 to get their marriage license.