In Michigan State, the below given requirements must be fulfilled in order to get a marriage license. They are:
• As in other federal states in America, here also the applicants must apply for a marriage license in person. But exemptions will be given depending on the certain kind of situations.
• A couple can get a marriage license at the county where any one of them has been living. Once the license is obtained, it can be used in any of 83 counties in Michigan State. For out-of-state applicants, they must apply in the county where they have planned to get married.
• The minimum age requirement for both applicants to get a marriage license is 18 years. They must be at least 16 years old if they want to get a marriage license by providing the parental approval. The parents must give their approval in person but there are some exceptions to this rule.
• The applicants will be required to provide their original IDs i.e. their birth certificates, driver license, or state ID cards.
• It is necessary to produce the Proof of Dissolution before the authority if any of the applicants has been married before.
• No medical examination is required for the applicants to get a marriage license. But health information regarding the applicants will be given by the county clerk at the time the marriage license is applied for.
• Normally, the applicants have to wait for 3 days to get a marriage license. But the number of days can be varied from one county to another county in Michigan State.
• The unsigned marriage license is valid for 33 days throughout the state from the date of application submission.
• The applicants, who live in Michigan State, have to pay fee of $20.00 while submitting their applications for a marriage license. For the other applicants, who live out of Michigan State, must pay $30.00 to get the marriage license.