The following rules and regulations must be followed by every applicant in order to get a marriage license in Massachusetts State. The rules and regulations are:
• The applications for a marriage license must be submitted in person by both the applicants. In some very rare situations, exemption can be granted.
• The applicants can get their marriage license at City Clerks’ Office or any town.
• The applicants can get a marriage license only if they are at least 18 years old. If the applicants want to get a marriage license by providing parental approval, then the male must be at least 14 years old and the female must be at least 12 years old. Though the parental approval must be given by the parents in person, there are exceptions depending on certain situations.
• The Proof of Dissolution will be required to be produced before the authority if any of the applicants has been married before.
• As followed in Washington DC, in Massachusetts State too, the applicants have to go under the medical examination for venereal disease.
• The applicants have to wait at least for 3 days to get a marriage license.
• The unsigned license is valid for 60 days throughout the state from the date of its issue.
• Marriage license will be given to the applicants when they pay fee varying anywhere from $30.00 to $80.00.