The requirements needed to get a marriage license in Louisiana State are given below. They are:
• As per rule, the applicants should apply in person together to get marriage license. But in very rare circumstances, exception can be granted to this rule.
• The marriage license is issued by County Clerks’ Office.
• The minimum age requirement to get a marriage license is 18 years for both applicants. If the applicants produce parental approval, then the minimum age requirement for both applicants will be reduced by 2 years. But the parents must give their approval in person except in rare cases.
• Both applicants are required to produce their birth certificates as a proof of original ID in order to get a marriage license. In addition, they may have to provide information like their parents’ names, mother’s maiden name, last school grades, SSN for both bride and groom etc. If any of the applicants is a non-US resident, then a work visa or temporary residence card must be produced to the related authority.
• The Proof of Dissolution is required if any of the applicants has been married before.
• The applicants are not required to go under medical examination to get a marriage license.
• The applicants should wait for 3 days to get their marriage license.
• The unsigned marriage license is valid through entire state for 30 days from the date of its issue.
• The fee to get a marriage license can vary from $30.00 to $40.00.