The rules and regulations to get a marriage license are bit different in Iowa State. They are:
• The applicants should apply in person with their would-be spouse to get a marriage license. Exceptions can be given depending on the situations.
• In Iowa State, the County Recorders’ office issues the marriage license.
• Both male and female applicants should be 18 years old to get a marriage license even if their parents or guardians provide parental approval in person. In some rare conditions, parental approval can be accepted which they have not given in person.
• The applicants should bring a witness with them when applying for a marriage license. That witness should have known both the applicants for at least 3 years. In addition, that witness must possess a valid ID.
• The Proof of Dissolution must be submitted before the authority if one of the applicants has been married before.
• There is no need for medical examination.
• The applicants should wait for minimum 3 days to get a marriage license.
• The unsigned license is valid for an unlimited period throughout the state.
• The applicants should have to pay $30.00 as a fee to get a marriage license.