In Illinois State, the rules and regulations for getting a marriage license are as follows;
• It is a must that both applicants should apply for a marriage license in person together. The exceptions may be given in some rare cases.
• The applicants can get their marriage license from the county office where they want to get married.
• The minimum age requirement for the applicants to apply for a marriage license is 18 years. If the parents of the applicants give their approval in person, then the marriage license can be given. In such a case, even the applicants of 16 years age can apply for a marriage license. Though the parental approval should be given in person, there will be some exceptions depending on the situations.
• Proof of Dissolution will be required if any of the applicants has been married before.
• In Illinois State, medical examination for the applicants is not required.
• The applicants have to wait for one day to get their marriage license.
• The unsigned license is valid for 60 days from its date of issue.
• This unsigned license is legal only in the county where the applicants have applied for.
• The license fee ranges from $20.00 – $40.00 and in most cases, it has to be paid in cash.