These below given rules and regulations apply to both parties who wish to get a marriage license. They are:
• Both male and female applicants should apply in person together to get a marriage license. In some rare occasions, there will be some exceptions.
• The County Probate Court issues a marriage license.
• Both applicants are required to be 18 years old in order to obtain a marriage license. If both applicants are 16 years old, then with parental or guardian approval, they can get a marriage license. But the approval must be given in person. However, there may be exceptions to this rule depending on some occasions.
• Proof of Dissolution must be produced before the concerned authority, if either applicant has been married before.
• No need to wait to get a marriage license. But if both applicants are under 18 years old, then they should wait for 3 days to get a license.
• The unsigned license is legal allover the state and valid for an indefinite period once it is issued.
• To get a marriage license in Georgia State, it costs from around $30.00 to $65.00. But if both applicants are under 18 years old, then they will have to pay an extra dollar for their license.