Delaware State has issued these following rules and regulations to the public for obtaining a marriage license record. They are:
• Both parties applying in person for a marriage license is a must. However, exceptions can be granted depending on certain situations.
• The County Clerk’s office issues a marriage license.
• The minimum required age to obtain a marriage license for applicants is 18 years. If the male is 18 years old and the female is 16 years old, then with parental or guardian approval, they can get a marriage license. Though there are exceptions given depending on rare circumstances, as a rule, the parents or guardians should come in person to give their approval.
• Proof of Dissolution should be produced by either applicant if he or she has been married before.
• In Delaware, medical examination is not required in order to get a marriage license.
• The normal waiting period to get a marriage license is 24 hours. However, if the applicants live out of Delaware State, then they have to wait for 4 days.
• An unsigned license is valid for 30 days from its date of issue and workable throughout the state.
• The fee to be paid to get a marriage license in Delaware State is $35.00.