In California State, you have to fulfill the requirements which are given below in order to get a marriage license. They are:
• As usual, both the applicants should be present together in office to file the application for getting marriage license. Exception may be given depending on some situations.
• The applicants can get their marriage license at the County Clerk’s Office.
• In California State, both the applicants must be of 18 years old to apply for a marriage license. Even with parental or guardian consent, both the applicants must be of 18 years old to get a marriage license. The parents or guardians should be present in office to give their approval. In some cases, there may be exception given from the authority.
• Both the applicants must produce a valid Driver’s License and an additional ID like Passport or Military ID.
• Presenting Proof of Dissolution is necessary if either applicant has been married before.
• Applicants are not required to go under medical examination.
• Applicants need not to wait to get a marriage license.
• The unsigned license is valid throughout the state for 90 days from the date of issue.
• The license fee varies from $50.00 to $80.00.